Sometimes you need to leave them behind

The kids that is.

You may or may not know that I'm working in retail now! I'm a travel consultant with Flight Centre. And what a massive change that is!

We are located in a big shopping centre in Sydney. So many people, so much noise, such a lot of distraction.

The worst (for me) is the kids. Crying, screaming, being naughty and generally being annoying. As kids are.

Before you start hate commenting on me, let me tell you why I think its annoying for me.

1. I'm in the middle of booking your expensive, non-refundable air fare, and if I make a mistake, you might just not be travelling when you thought you were going to be.

2. I'm trying to find out more about your amazing dream holiday, but you can't talk to me because you are trying to pacify the kids, or distract them from being naughty, or trying to stop them from running away.

3. All those other people in the shop? They are either trying to work, or they are here, super excited because they are able to afford the most amazing holiday they have ever been on and want to tell you all about it - but we can't hear them over the screaming/fighting/insert your word here to describe your child.

4. This is the deal breaker for me. I can tell, they just don't want to be there. They don't want to sit around waiting for mum & dad - it's so boring, and they are trying their hardest to tell you. Even if its through naughty behaviour.

I've got kids, so I am not in any way trying to mummy shame. God knows, I've had my share of my kids being horrible and bratty and sooooo embarrassing when we are out, so I understand.

So lets work together on it. Come in and say hi, introduce yourself and grab a business card. Maybe you can call me or write to me and talk to me about what you are looking for, and we can start the conversation this way. And when things look they are promising and you're ready to book, then come in and hopefully we won't take too long to finalise everything.

And if you let me, I will always try to bribe them with a kit kat. It works. Mostly!

Come see me. I know what holidays are going to work for you, and your kids - where the best kids clubs are, which hotels offer kids eat/stay free, and even super cruising options.  Just maybe leave the kids at home....

#Laurellovescruising #travellingmum



Comments

Popular Posts